TQCTM PREREQUISITE AND DOCUMENTATION FOR TQCTM COMPLIANCE
TQC Applicants may acquire required Competencies anywhere they wish – past coursework or experience, independent study, or they may take on-line or in-person courses. TIEMS Academy will be available to the Candidate, when logged into the TQC Web Platform, and here the Candidate will find some relevant courses for his/her preparation for the TQC Exam. As time goes by, TIEMS Academy will be filled up with more and more relevant courses.
In order for the TQC candidates to take the TQC exam wherever they are worldwide, TIEMS has implemented on-line proctoring of the TQC candidates during their examination by using the ProctorFree solution. ProctorFree provides an accurate identification and authentication of the TQC exam candidate. For more information about ProctorFree please visit www.proctorfree.com.
The exam questions will focus on emergency management principles and practices reflected in the TQC Examination Competence Framework and background knowledge reflected in the TQC Candidate Certification Guide, which the Candidate get access to when logged into the TQC Platform. The TQC exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and 10 essay questions. TIEMS International Certification - TQC is valid for three (3) years.
TQC Certification is awarded for a three-year period, with re-certification efforts required prior to the end of the third year. The TQC Certification Board will notify the TQC-certified person at the beginning of their third year, asking them to submit the Re-Certification Form if s/he intends to maintain his/her certification. The TQC Certification Board will then evaluate the TQC-certified person’s experience, activity, and education/training during the 3 years TQC certification period, and, if they continue to be qualified, issues a Re-Certification Certificate, or asks the candidate to take the Re-Certification Exam. In the latter case, the evaluation will follow the same procedure, but simpler, as with a new TQC certification.
|TQCTM COST POLICY
TIEMS general policy is that education and certification in emergency and disaster management should be affordable by most, and therefore the cost of being TQC certified will be kept at a minimum, covering only the cost to TIEMS for offering and maintaining the TQC service.
It is required that before the TQC Certification Board will initiate the TQC certification process for the Applicant, the Applicant must become a TIEMS Member, and the Applicant need to pay the TQC Certification Fee before starting uploading documents to the TQC Platform, and then pay the TQC Examination Fee, before getting access to TQC Examination. After the Applicant has passed the TQC Exam, his/her TIEMS membership will be upgraded to TIEMS Professional Certified Member.
It is also to be understood that TIEMS does not guarantee that an applicant’s certification will be successful. No claim of liability, in any shape of form, can be made by any applicant against TIEMS and/or any of its officers who are part of the TQC process(es).
PAYMENT, TIMING AND PRACTICAL STEPS DURING THE TQCTM CERTIFICATION PROCESS
- Please, note that you need to be a TIEMS member in good standing (paid membership), before your TQC application will be processed by the TQC Certification Board. Please, use the following link to become a TIEMS member: TIEMS Membership
- To start the process for applying for TIEMS International Certification - TQC, you should first read the TQC Brief Introduction and consider if you are qualified for TQC Certification and also read and confirm that you will adhere to the TQC Code of Conduct. That both of these documents are read and understood, should be confirmed when answering the questions in the TQC Application Form, which you find on the following link: TQC Application Form
- The TQC Certification Board will evaluate your TQC Application Form within 7 days, and if accepted, you will be receive, to your e-mail address, a unique Password and Username, which is to be used when logging in to the TQC WEB Platform and continue your TQC application process. The TQC Web Platform is found on the following link: TQC Web Platform
- Before starting uploading your documentations to the TQC Web Platform, you need to pay the TQC Certification Fee, and upload proof of your payment to the TQC Web Platform
- If your TQC Application Form is not accepted by the TQC Certification Board, you will be advised on how you can improve your qualifications before applying again for TQC Certification.
DOWNLOAD TQCTM DOCUMENTATION
TIEMS is a voluntary organization, and all its directors, officers and members work for free with developing the organization and its activities. The idea and initiative to develop TIEMS International Certification - TQC, was initated in 2006, and in the time from then to present, many TIEMS volunteers have been involved in this development, and I like to thank them all.
However, there has a been a core team of TQC Developers and TQC Test candidates, and each of them is presented hin the TQC Newsletter .
K. Harald Drager, TIEMS President