TIEMS International Certification - TIEMS QIEDM
The course curriculum will be comprised of both theoretical and practical courses and hands on training
Courses will be offered by TIEMS in cooperation with Universities and Training Institutions worldwide
Participants must receive a passing grade on the certification exam
Certification will be given in cooperation with national and international Certification Authorities
TIEMS Chapters will be responsible for adding local/national competences
Once a review is performed of all submitted documentation and a passing grade is achieved on the certification exam, the TIEMS-QIEDM designation will be awarded by TIEMS QIEDM Certification Development Board.
Recertification is required every three (3) years by successfully completing three QIEDM TIEMS International courses and submitting the appropriate recertification application.
- Document a minimum of 4 years of higher education equivalent to a college baccalaureate degree or higher
- Have a practical or theoretical background in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Be employed as a first responder or work with an emergency management agency for a minimum of 3 years
- Provide a letter of recommendation to TIEMS QIEDM program from their current or former employer
- International Overview of Organizations and Activities in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Global Concepts in Emergency and Disaster Management - Introduction to global concepts in emergency management and knowledge that are critical in any disaster response and to any nationality
- Planning - Disasters and Application of Management Skills - Strategic Planning, Risk Analysis, and Leadership
- Command & Control - Critical Thinking and Decision-Making - Command and Control, and the Tools of Emergency Management
- Response - Physical and Emotional Responses to Disaster/Human Behaviour - Community and Personal Response
- Exercise Design - Exercise Design, Development, Execution and Evaluation - Learn how to design an exercise, plan the exercise and execute and perform the exercise, including evaluation of performance
Please, view TIEMS QIEDM Certification Concept and Courses Details.
Please, contact TIEMS for cooperation!