- To promote the development of certification of internationally accepted good practices of global emergency and disaster management methodologies and good practices. Furthermore, to encourage collaboration in the spheres of scientific, critical thinking, humanitarian and economic activities relating to international emergency disaster management, preparedness, risk reduction, response and recovery
- The TIEMS TQC Certification is to be the leading international emergency and disaster management certification program
- The TIEMS TQC Certification shall result in international agreement on the standardization of emergency and disaster management good practice
TIEMS TQC Certification
- The TQC Curriculum will be comprised of both theoretical and practical courses and hands on training
- Courses will be offered by TIEMS in cooperation with Universities and Training Institutions worldwide through TIEMS Academy
- Participants must receive a passing grade on the certification exam
- TIEMS Chapters will be responsible for adding local/national competences
Once a review is performed of all submitted documentation and a passing grade is achieved on the certification exam, the TQC designation will be awarded by TIEMS TQC Certification Board.
Recertification will be required every three (3) years.
TQC Applicants Requirements
Being Certified in Emergency Management/Disaster Response or Similar by Another Certifying Institution Approved by TIEMS
Document a Practical or Theoretical Background in Emergency and Disaster Management for a minimum of 4 years
Provide a Letter of Recommendation to TIEMS TQC Program from a Current or Former Employer
TIEMS TQC Certification Objectives
- Availability Globally
- Web-based On-Line
- Low Cost
- A Common Understanding of Emergency and Disaster Management
- The Common Language is English, but local language adaption in TIEMS Chapter Countries
- Lessons Learned Focus
- State-of-the-Art and Up-to-Date
The TQC Curriculum
The TQC Curriculum is to be developed through cooperation with worldwide recognized universties and training institutions through TIEMS International Education Network of Excellence (TIENE), and TIEMS is asking universities and training institutions worldwide with interest for this topic, and which like to be part of the TIEMS TIENE network, and like to contribute to the developemnt of TIEMS TQC Certification, to contact TIEMS President.
TIEMS has concluded a survey, which asked the international emergency management and disaster response community experts to give their opinion on content and structure of TIEMS TQC Certification, and the report with the findings of this survey is find below.