Two of TIEMS overall education goals are; "Develop a Curriculum for TIEMS TQC Certification, through Worldwide Cooperation" and "Contribute to Capacity Building in Countries where little or no Education and Training in Emergency Management and Disaster Response (EMDR) is Available". These goals are guiding TIEMS in establishing TIEMS International Education Network. TIEMS recognizes many excellent educationa (B.Sc. and M.Sc.) programs and training centers worldwide offering education and training in EMDR, and TIEMS is seeking cooperation with the best ones for fulfilling above goals, and establishing TIEMS International Education Network. Through this network, and TIEMS own courses, TIEMS intends to offer the courses and training necessary for preparing the TIEMS TQC Certification candidates for their education and examination to become TIEMS TQC Certified.
TIEMS International Education Network
The Playesr and their roles in TQC Certification
As shown in above figure, TIEMS Education network comprises the following institutions worldwide offering courses and training in Emergency Management and Disaster Response (EMDR):
- TIEMS Chapter Network of Mandatory Preparation Courses (TCNMP) for TQC Certification
- TIEMS International Education Network of Excellence (TIENE) - Educational Institutions worldwide, which are TQC Certified by TIEMS, and which are offering the full range of the courses recommended in TIEMS TQC Curriculum
- Education Institutions worldwide offering M.Sc. or B.Sc. programs in EMDR, which are TIEMS Recommended and Recognized Education Insitutions (TRREI), and which are offering part of the recommended education courses in TIEMS TQC Certification Curriculum.
TIEMS is recommending all courses to be offered on-line, but will also accept courses to be taught in classrooms.
How to build a TIEMS TQC Curricula
The Candidates for TIEMS TQC Certification can build a TQC Curricula the following ways as indicated in above figure:
- The courses and integrated programs offered by “One Education Institution” belonging to TIENE.
- Different courses and integrated programs offered by “Different Education Institutions” belonging to TIENE.
- Different courses and integrated programs offered by “Different Education Institutions” belonging to TRREI
- Candidates, with extensive experienec in EMDR or who already have other certifications covering EMDR, may apply to be TIEMS TQC Certified, without attending any TIEMS TQC Certification Curricula courses.
Howevver, TIEMS Mandatory Preparation Courses need to be added to above Curricula building, and will be offered by an institution in TCNMP.
Through its courses and integrated programs, TIENE and TRREI serves together with TIEMS as the international focal point for the development and delivery of emergency management training to enhance the capabilities of State, Local, and Government Officials; Volunteer Organizations; and the public and private sectors to minimize the impact of disasters and emergencies on the public. TIENE and TRREI serves together with TIEMS the international emergency management community, offering courses to help build critical skills that emergency managers need to function effectively in mass consequence events.
Below figures illustrate TIEMS International Education Network and how to build a TIEMS TQC Certification Curricula:
The figure is only an illustration of how TIEMS likes to build out TIEMS international educational network. TIEMS Chapters are established chapters.
The figure is only illustrating how TIEMS assumes a TIEMS TQC Certification Curricula can be built by a TQC certification candidate
Interest to be a partner in TIEMS International Educational Network?