Mohammed Shuaib is TIEMS Regional Director for Middle East and Africa.
Dr. Mohammed Shuaib graduated from Iraqi Medical College at university of Baghdad 1986. In 1996 he received his Ph.D. in community medicine at Iraqi Board of Community of Medicine. He is now Director General of MOSS in Iraq Ministry of Health. Dr. Mohammed Shuaib is a member of Iraqi National Committee for crisis management. Moss (Medical Operations & Specialized Services), is the directorate in Iraq that was established in 2004 under the Ministry of Health to be the high level of command system for preparedness, response and rehabilitation for emergencies and crisis management. From 2005-2006 he was the Director General of Primary Health Care and Public Health Directorate. From 2007-2008 he was the Inspector General Consultant in I.G. Office. From 2010 -2011 he was the Director General of Administration, Finance and Legal Directorate.
Under his leadership the following initiatives were implemented:
- Evaluation of Nutritional Status for Primary Schools (comparative study)
- Measure weight and length (for primary schools)
- Evaluation Study for health Situation in the Ibn Al- Rrushed and Rashad hospitals
- Supervising of the (students) boarders of primary health care and public health fields
He is a highly appreciated member of the following committees:
- A member of high studying discussing committee for getting doctorate of microbidogism/Baghdad university medicine college
- A member of discussing committee for researcher (Jalal Abed al- Razak) specialist (society medicine) his research about the health habits and dangerous factors for the patients who enter the revival unit in Al-Hussein hospital in karbla (Al-Mustanirya university – medicine college)
- A member of discussing committee doctorate's student (Amen Ageal Yasser) on his research about activation program of administrative educational for nursing managers in Baghdad City at Baghdad university nursing collage
Dr Shuaib is also a member of numerous scientific committees.