- TIEMS was founded in Washington, USA in 1993, and is today registered as an international, independent, not for profit NGO in Belgium, see Certificate
- TIEMS is a global forum for education, training and certification in emergency and disaster management
- TIEMS international expert network comprises users, planners, researchers, industry, managers, response personnel, practitioners, social scientists, and other interested parties within emergency and disaster management
- Within its network TIEMS stimulates to the exchange of information on the use of innovative methods and technologies within emergency and disaster management to improve society's ability to avoid, mitigate, respond to, and recover from natural and technological disasters
- TIEMS initiates and takes part in research & development projects which aims at developing or/and improving methods and technologies within emergency and disaster mangement
- TIEMS is developing an international education, training and certification program and has an international pool of teachers and trainers with courses on key topics in emergency and disaster management
TIEMS Board leads the organization with the following:
TIEMS Address is: Rue Des Deux Eglises 39, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
TIEMS Executive Office Postal Address is: Østvangveien 29, 0588 Oslo, Norway.
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.