TIEMS Iraq Chapter
TIEMS IRAQ Chapter was established in October 2011, to be the source of information, support, and expertise for people and emergency management professionals at all levels of government and the private sectors who prepare for, mitigate, respond to, recover from, and provide products and services for all emergencies, disasters, and threats.
What Is TIEMS IRAQ Chapter?
TIEMS-IRAQ is a nonpartisan, nonprofit association dedicated to enhancing public safety by improving the nation's ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from all emergencies, disasters, and threats to our nation's security. TIEMS IRAQ Chapter is the professional association of and for emergency management directors from all 18 of Iraq provinces. TIEMS-IRAQ provides national leadership and expertise in comprehensive emergency management; serves as a vital emergency management information and assistance resource; and advances continuous improvement in emergency management through strategic partnerships, innovative programs, and collaborative positions.
Emergency management seeks to promote safer, less vulnerable communities with the capacity to cope with hazards and disasters.
Emergency Management protects communities by coordinating and integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or other man-made disasters.
TIEMS Iraq Chapter Principles
Emergency Management must be:
- Comprehensive emergency managers consider and take into account all hazards, all phases, all stakeholders and all impacts relevant to disasters
- Progressive emergency managers anticipate future disasters and take preventive and preparatory measures to build disaster-resistant and disaster-resilient communities
- Risk-Driven emergency managers use sound risk management principles (hazard identification, risk analysis, and impact analysis) in assigning priorities and resources
- Integrated emergency managers ensure unity of effort among all levels of government and all elements of a community
- Collaborative emergency managers create and sustain broad and sincere relationships among individuals and organizations to encourage trust, advocate a team atmosphere, build consensus, and facilitate communication
- Coordinated emergency managers synchronize the activities of all relevant stakeholders to achieve a common purpose
- Flexible emergency managers use creative and innovative approaches in solving disaster challenges
- Professional emergency managers value a science and knowledge-based approach based on education, training, experience, ethical practice, public stewardship and continuous improvement
We believe in “ Think Globally and Act locally”